When it comes to exercise and fitness, protein is the king of all the food groups. It helps to build muscle and gives us a vital source of energy we need throughout our fitness journeys. Due to this, it’s exciting to know that protein can be added to our favourite sweet dish… the pancake! And with Shrove Tuesday just around the corner, what better way to celebrate than with protein pancakes? Here is our step by step guide on how to make them…
- For the ingredients, you will need; 1 large banana, 2 eggs, a dash of baking powder and 2 tablespoons of protein powder.
- Allow a medium sized frying pan to slowly heat up on the stove whilst you prepare the pancake batter. You will know it is hot enough for the pancakes when water sizzles after being added.
- Begin by mashing up the banana with a fork so that it resembles a paste. Add the eggs, baking powder and protein powder to this and whisk well until all the ingredients have combined.
- After this, spray the frying pan with a non-stick oil of your choice and using a bouillon spoon, scoop an even amount of batter into the frying pan.
- Allow it to cook for around 30 seconds, then flip it over and repeat on the opposite side.
- Place on a plate and serve with berries, maple syrup or sugar!
How we eat is just as important as our workout choices! Here at Fitness Training Solutions, our personal training courses teach you how to become the best personal trainer around – and that includes advice on what to eat and what not to eat! Get in contact today to find out more!